Now that the school year has come to a close, I’m using a lot of my extra time in the kitchen! Yesterday I decided to make strawberry ice cream, and I was surprised by how easy it was.
- Frozen bananas
- Frozen strawberries (around 2 cups each)
- Milk (I used coconut milk, but any type of milk will do!)
- So so easy. All you do is blend all three in a food processor or blender!
- I didn’t have a food processor so I had to use a blender. Now, both do the job, but blenders are taller so it’s hard to equally blend thicker substances. It’s important to scrape the sides down as often as possible.
- Divide the fruit into portions when blending and put a splash of milk in when you feel it isn’t blending well.
<– This was after I blended the bananas
<– and this was after I mixed in the strawberries
After I put it in a plastic container to freeze overnight!
The next day I scooped some onto a bowl and topped it off with some crunched up special K cereal and frozen blueberries! (I would have made it more fancy with shredded coconut or sprinkles or something, but this was all I had at home haha.)
**EDIT: I found that it’s actually better to eat it straight away, or just putting it in the freezer for maybe 30-45 minutes just to let it harden a bit. That way you can keep the creamy texture of the ice cream! 🙂
THIS WAS SO GOOD. It has a nice, sherbet-like texture and it tastes better than it looks!
You could easily replace the strawberries with other fruits OR you could just have plain banana ice cream (the bananas and coconut milk go really well together)!
** I tried cookiesnchem‘s suggestion about adding cacao powder and peanut butter to the bananas.. it tastes amazing!